Friday, December 20, 2013

Clarisonic PLUS+ Lancome: 7 days challenge: Is this a super combo for your skin?


 Some weeks ago I was contacted by coolbrandz to participate to a 7 days skincare "challenge": Using the new Clarisonic PLUS in combination with a wonderful Lancôme trio: Advanced Genifique, Dreamtone and Visionnaire. That is a great collaboration between 2 major companies in the field of skincare so I was truly excited. As some of you might know if you are old subscribers or follow me at Youtube, I am a fan of tools like Clarisonic and a own a dupe that I have reviewed in the past. I really wanted to try out Clarisonic since it launched in Switzerland (you can find it exclusively at Marrionaud) and I am already a fan of Lancôme serums (especially Visionnaire that I find fantastic, so the idea to test how these work as a combo really excited me. So today that I am writing this post I just finished my 7-days trial period and the compnies claim that you can already see results after the first week using this combination.




  My Clarisonic PLUS came with 2 brushes, a sensitive face brush and  a body brush, its charger and 2 sample sized cleanser one for the face and one for the body. For this week I tried my Clarisonic twice a day, morning and evening using the Refreshing Gel cleanser that came with it. It was a nice fresh cleanser, very gentle for the skin that I believe that will suit many skin types and I liked it quite a lot. I used the normal speed for 1' sessions (20'' for my forehead, 20'' for my chin and nose and 10'' for each cheek). It became very easily part of my everyday routine and I never felt that it took me much time or it was a unnecessary step.


 As I am planning to continue using my cute pink Clarisonic PLUS for my face and my body also, I am thinking of making a video review with even more details for it early next year. But for now let's see what I used in combination with it for my skincare. The package I received contained this wonderful  Lancôme skincare trio and details on how to use them after cleansing my face with my Clarisonic.


First after I had washed my face and used my toner, I applied Advanced Génifique. I used it twice a day as a first step as it is much more liquid-y that the rest and it is easier to absorb. This is a new version of youth activating concentrate Génifique and the company claims that this version is perfect for women of all skin types and can make your skin look younger and improve appearance of wrinkle and fine lines, improve the elasticity and radiance and preserve your skin youthfulness in general. definitely sounds promising.


It comes in a wonderful luxurious packaging that contains 50ml and has a wonderful dropper system that takes the exact necessary amount of product for each use. I loved how this feel on my skin and how easily it is to apply and absorb.


 Next step was different. In the mornings, I used the Dreamtone that I had never used in the past. This is a skin correcting serum.  It is slightly tinted, comes out in 3 shades (I was sent the lightest, thankfully) and aims to even your skin tone, correct dark spots and offer radiance. I love this one so much, you could seethe face glowing immediately after each use.In addition lately I had a tone of imperfections and this one made my face to look better quite quicker that I would normally expect.


 It comes in a 40ml bottle with a smart opening to prevent the pump from spilling. I actually like a lot this kind of smart packaging I find it so handy. 


 At nights, instead of Dreamtone I used Visionnaire, an old love. I cannot say enough good things for this one. I am firmly convinced for its results on my skin especially the texture. It is called skin perfector and it tries its best to achieve that. And now I was given the opportunity to see how it works in combination with all the other serums.

 This one as it is the oldest of the bunch (but still my favorite) it comes in a more classic packaging (but so sleek) with a pump that contains 30ml. It is of a thicker consistency not so typical for a serum but the slightly sticky feeling goes away after a little time and I never felt that it bothered me. 


 Here you can see the differences in the consistency of all 3 products.


 After Clarisonic had prepared my skin so that it felt clean and smoother, I noticed how much easier it was to apply the serums. After the first week I can definitely see but mostly I can feel the difference in my skin. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the before pictures of my bare face from my phone and I cannot show you the difference in the texture and how I benefited from this combination in a week already. It helped a lot in a difficult skin period for me and I am planning to continue using these products together and follow up their effect on my skin after the holiday season. I would like to thank Coolbrandz, Edelbrandz, Clarisonic and Lancôme for this opportunity to see how this combination of products works on my skin.


 Have you tried any of these products by Lancôme or the Clarisonic? Please leave me comments and tell me if you would be interested for a more in depth review, showing all features of this wonderful tool or even a current skincare routine video early in 2014. I am flying home for the holidays in a few hours (no rest for the wicked) and I will have limited internet access (but I have programmed some videos for you) but I will try to read and answer to your comments. I am wishing you all an amazing time with your friends and family. 
And remember this holidays, be safe and don't drink and drive. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

14 comments:

  1. θελω πολυ να δοκιμασω το Dreamtone ελπιζω να κανει ολα, οσα υπόσχεται!
    Μ αυτά που εχω εγω παντως ειμαι αρκετα ευχαριστημένη:http://parfum-color.blogspot.gr/2013/12/lancome-2013-christmas-set-genifique.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Το είδα το Post σου :)
      εγώ έχω μείνει πολύ ικανοποιημένη και ειδικά μαζί λειτουργούν θαυμάσια!

      Delete
  2. Το clarisonic εννοείται ότι θέλω να το δοκιμάσω! Έχα μείνει στο mia με τα ωραία χρωματάκια, αυτό έχει μεγαλύτερη κεφαλή; Από σέρουμ είμαι ακόμα στην αναζήτηση για το ιδανικό μου

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To Μia έχει μια ταχύτητα μόνο, το Mia 2 έχει δύο και αυτό έχει 3 για το πρόσωπο και 2 για το σώμα καθώς παίρνει και ειδική βούρτσα για το σώμα! Μέχρι στιγμής ποιο σε βολεύει περισσότερο? Εμένα μου αρέσει να τα εναλλάσσω ή να συνδυάζω περισσότερα του ενός για να απολαμβάνω περισσότερες δράσεις (αντιγήρανση πχ και λάμψη)

      Delete
  3. Very interesting! I would like to test the Lancome product :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Τhank you! They have a beautiful line of skincare indeed

      Delete
  4. Το Dreamtone μου είχε κεντρίσει καιρό πριν το ενδιαφέρον! Τι τέλεια όλα ρε Μυρόνα, πολύ ωραίο post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Και γω το έβλεπα και ήμουν περιέργη να δω πως δρα συγκριτικά και με το Visionnaire. Ευχαριστώ πολύ γλύκούλι μου!

      Delete
  5. Oh you lucky duck, those serums sound amazing! I've been curious about Lancome's serums for a long time, the Visionnaire one in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very lucky indeed! I am fan of Visionnaire since a year now and I wanted to try the rest out too!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the review my lovely, sounds like a fantastic combination! I am itching to get a Clarisonic for myself too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! I was sure you would be tempted. It is actually very convenient!

      Delete
  7. while i haven;t tried genifique and dreamtone, i have tried the visionnaire serum. i have combo skin, sometimes dehydrated and with some marks from acne when i was young. i hated the visionnaire serum for its texture very gluey (κολλω΄δης) as i think it has loads of alcohol in it. i didn;t see anything on my skin and i generally believe that lancome has lost its old image and appeal. it used to be a great very trustable brand and now it feels like a more expensive of l'oreal cosmetics. not really a fan as you can see. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember we had this discussion concerning visionnaire again :)
      For me it is my favorite I looove the texture and when I use it at nights and I don't have to put make up on like now it is even better (I don't have to wait to dry). The one that I was not impressed with was the old genifique but I like the new version much more, still this one and the dreamtone I want to use more for a full review. Obviously not everything works on every skin (wouldn't that be great? No need of trying a ton of stuff and searching haha)

      Delete